Ongoing support in those areas of life where positive outcomes are important
Looking Forward Activities run a wide range of Groups which are mainly ‘outcome based’.
The purpose behind our activities is to give Members more control over their lives and provide the all-important support that will develop self- confidence for the future.
We make sure everything is informal so there’s no sense of anyone being forced down a certain avenue. In subtle and social ways, however, our Groups help to enhance personal development. They help everyone to get on with life and overcome potential setbacks.
We always look to the long term where improving life skills provides cumulative benefits. We help to enhance social skills so everyone can look forward to enjoying a happy and full life where social interaction brings its own rewards.
Where are our groups?
Monday 9.30am – 1.30pm – Congleton (transport available)
- Tuesday 10.00am – 4.00pm – Healthy lifestyle group – take part in various activities including badminton, gym, swimming (transport included) and enjoy a healthy lunch out wth your friends
Wednesday 9.00-1.00pm – Northwich (transport available)
Wednesday 1.00-4.00pm – Vocational skills opportunities – see Groups/work skills opportunities on the homepage tab
Friday 9.00am – 1.00pm – Northwich (transport available) afternoon social group follows on until 4.00pm
Click print list of our groups and activities List of activities Nov 16
Positive Outcomes Make Positive People!
Everything we do is focused on creating great results for people with learning disabilities. The Groups we run provide the personalised and friendly support that is essential to achieving life-enhancing outcomes. These include:
- Being Healthy
- We introduce a variety of sports and leisure activities (dancercise, hockey, bowling, badminton, local walks and more) to improve physical and emotional health
- Guidance on healthy eating, how to cook simple meals and enjoying eating out
- Staying Safe
- Embracing good road safety practices
- Planning journeys when using public transport
- ‘Staying Safe’ workshops using drama-based role-playing
- Food hygiene and hand hygiene awareness
- Internet safety
- Basic first-aid skills with hands-on demonstrations from invited professionals
- Self Defence workshops
- Enjoy and Achieve
- Creating a fun place to enable socialisation
- Building confidence through games, team working and drama
- Making A Positive Contribution
- Planning ahead with Looking Forward Groups and Activities
- Plan and contribute to social activities to Develop positive relationships
- Discovering the local community – and getting involved!
- Achieving Economic Well being
- Develop work skills
- Develop personal and social skills
- Discussing key topics such as how to live independently, going out to work etc
We offer the AQA Unit Award Scheme
The AQA UAS is a scheme for recording achievement which gives the participant recognition for completing short units of work. click on the link for more info… http://www.aqa.org.uk
The AQA pilot scheme (through Jude Theatre Company) started in September 2013 at Congleton and it has now been introduced into other groups. Once our Members complete the AQA workshops, they receive Accredited Certificates to enhance their portfolio for future work opportunities.
Check Out Who’s Eligible…
- People with a learning disabilities/difficulties
- Have independent personal care skills
- Behaviour that won’t risk a Member’s own safety-or the safety of other Members and Staff
- You will need to register for Activities or for Looking Forward Groups
95% of our clients use their direct payments/self directed support to fund!
To find out more, please call Michelle Turner on 07511 189331 or fill out the form on our contact page here >