Ongoing support in those areas of life where positive outcomes are important
LFA run a wide range of daily activities which are mainly ‘outcome based’.
The purpose behind our activities is to give Members more control over their lives and provide the all-important support that will develop self- confidence for the future.
In subtle and social ways, however, our sessions help to enhance personal development.
We always look to the long term where improving life skills provides cumulative benefits. We help to enhance social skills so everyone can look forward to enjoying a happy and full life where social interaction brings its own rewards.
Positive Outcomes Make Positive People!
Everything we do is focused on creating great results for people with learning disabilities and/or autism. The activities we run provide the personalised and friendly support that is essential to achieving life-enhancing outcomes. These include:
- Being Healthy
- We introduce a variety of sports and leisure activities (swimming, dancercise, circuits, yoga, hockey, body combat, bowling, badminton, local walks and more) to improve physical and emotional health
- Guidance on healthy eating, how to cook healthy, nutritional meals
- Staying Safe
- Embracing good road safety practices
- ‘Staying Safe’ workshops using drama-based role-playing
- Food hygiene and hand hygiene awareness
- Internet safety
- Food hygiene
- Basic first-aid skills with hands-on demonstrations from invited professionals
- Self Defence workshops
- Enjoy and Achieve
- Creating a fun place to enable socialisation
- Developing confidence
- Building confidence through games, team working and drama
- Making A Positive Contribution
- Session and Activity Planning, contribute to social activities to Develop positive relationships
- Developing work skills
- Engaging in Social Enterprise
- Discovering the local community – and getting involved!
- Develop Employability Skills
- Cooking and kitchen management
- Basic vehicle maintenance
- Basic building maintenance
- Small animal care
- Social Enterprise
NEW challenges and workshops
A flexible way to recognise and reward small steps of achievement, with a focus on personalised
learning and progression.
Check Out Who’s Eligible…
- People with a learning disabilities, sensory impairment and/or autism
- Aged 16 plus (no upper age limit)
- Have independent personal care skills
- You will need to register for all of our activities
To find out more, please call 01829 740697 or fill out the form on our contact page here >